Zachary Weiner provides part-time, interim, and special project Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and controller services to the startup, consumer product, real estate, restaurant, and hospitality industry.
Why Hire Zac?
- As a part-time CFO, my multi-industry experience which provides a fresh perspective and out-of-the-box solutions to problems you are facing.
- My experience is with both venture-backed and bootstrapped businesses up to $20 million in annual run-rates.
- I have worked with CEOs that have varied backgrounds and experiences, resulting in the ability to craft guidance at multiple levels.
- With over a decade of experience in the real estate, tech, restaurant, and startup sectors, my diverse background is an asset.
- Zac has written 2 top-selling small business books.
When Does It Make Sense to Hire a Part-time CFO?
Fast-growing companies hire full-time, virtual CFOs, interim CFOs or part-time CFOs to manage their internal finances and provide strategic guidance through the equity and debt markets.
- Scope – Small and mid-sized firms, rarely need 2,000 hours of a CFO’s time each year.
- Flexibility – Your firm is seeking the flexibility of contract or flexible CFO services.
- Budget constraints – The annual cost of a part-time CFO is generally much less than a full-time counterpart.
- Experience – You and your team need the diverse experience a fractional CFO brings to each engagement.
- Success – A part-time CFO ensures critical items (like financial reporting) actually get completed.
SCHEDULE A FREE CFO CONSULTATION NOW
What Does a Part-time CFO Do?
A part-time CFO is responsible for the financial aspects of the company. Some of those items include:
- manage the startup’s financial reporting
- build and maintain the startup’s projections and budget
- execute capital raises and debt structuring
- assistance with investors and banking relations
- handle legal and negotiations for the CEO, such as leases, insurance, etc
Still not sold? As a part-time CFO some of the ad-hoc projects can include:
- Guiding the development or reassessment of the company’s financial strategy
- Helping you to define, implement and manage profit improvement programs
- Upgrading your financial reporting system, including re-designing reports for clarity
- Evaluating your cost and pricing structure to strengthen gross margins
- Coaching you and your management team in a better understanding of operational finance
- Guiding or even leading negotiations with investors and bankers
- Implementing a planning system for your company
What’s Working With Zac Like?
One of the benefits of running a small consultancy is flexibility. I can structure an engagement so both you and I can win. Here are some examples:
- Project – One-off projects lasting from a few weeks to a few months
- Retainer – On a retained basis, meaning ongoing work with an agreed notice period.
- Periodic – Always happy to connect on a paid call. Schedule Now
- Hourly – We can set a weekly or monthly hour expectation and work together hourly.
- Onsite – In your office as I appreciate that sometimes you want your consultant to be seen and work directly with your team.
- Remote – I do sometimes work from home.